The RCR Association Photographic Database
April 20, 2024, 10:25:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Cpl Tyler Crooks internent, Niagara Branch.

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cpl Tyler Crooks internent, Niagara Branch.  (Read 2332 times)
Mike Blais CD
SSM-Nato UNCYP PKM CD
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:46:04 pm »

A sad day for the people of Port Colborne, Ontario, where our regimental brother in arms, Tyler Crooks, was interned beneath a shining sun and the sound of rifle fire shattering the peaceful nature of the rural cemetery.

Let me assure the older generation, of which I am one, that those who have taken up the torch, those fine young Royal Canadians of the next generation are every bit as sharp and professionally polished as we once were. The troops performed an outstanding job under very difficult circumstances and, on behalf of the Niagara Branch, compliments to everybody involved.

We assembled on either side of the road just outside of the cemetery. Jay Matson, whom joined our group last week on the bridge, honoured us by accepting my request for him to bear the Regimental banner. Jay is a serving member of the Regiment and Afghan veteran with two tours under his belt. He is currently posted here in the Niagara Region. Paraded sharply in the dress uniform of the Royal Canadian Regiment, he stood proud on the right.

Al Mckelvey, Korean, colour sergeant for our Branch, bore The Association Niagara Branch banner on the opposite side the the street. Royal Canadians in attendance were  Mike Gander, Brian Peacock, Andy Anderson, who drove down from Hamilton to join us, Ed MacDonald, Korean Vet, myself and Jimmy Kaczmerec. We were joined on parade by the president of the Niagara Region, PPCLI Association, George Ledwand, Hub Lalonde, my favourite Korean War Patricia, Don "Buzz" Bowman, president of the Cpl Albert Storm CD Branch, CAVUNP and several legionnaires of fine standing.

To our surprise, Major General Walter M. Holmes, MBE, CD, Honourary Colonel of the The Royal Canadian Regiment, was in attendance and graciously took a moment to briefly speak with each of our members before the funeral procession arrived.

Report Spam   Logged

1977-1RCR  Italy PL, B Coy, Mortars
                   Pioneers, Delta Coy
                   CFB London

1979-3RCR  M Coy 12C,  Sigs, Pipes&Drums
                   Mortars
                   CFB Baden WG

1982 1RCR  Mortars 51B, Dukes, BBC (Cyp)
                   Mortars, WO-Sgts Mess,
                   CFB London

2008            President. Niagara Branch
                   The Royal Canadian Regiment
                           Association

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum