The RCR Association Photographic Database
March 28, 2024, 03:54:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How do I post pictures.

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I post pictures.  (Read 571 times)
Mike Blais CD
SSM-Nato UNCYP PKM CD
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:31:15 pm »

To post a picture.

First thing, open an account at photobucket.com. This is quite simple and only takes a couple of minutes. Once you have your account, it is time to move your pictures from your computer hard drive to photobucket’s mainframe.

Pictures.

Ok, first of all, you have to know which file in your computer your pictures are in. Usually, they are stored in the My Pictures file but not always.  Once you find the one you want, go online to the photobuckets site. Log on. Near the top of your new screen, you will see a frame titled Upload images and videos.

Click on Choose Files.

IN the new screen, find your picture/s, highlight it/them and click on the word Open. Viola, the picture will now upload to photobucket site and is ready to be posted at the RCR message board.

Posting pictures.

Ok, you will see the picture in your photobucket album once it loads up and the page refreshesnow. It takes a couple of seconds if your not on broadband so be patient. Click on the picture and it will open up in a new screen and in a larger format. Down low on the right hand side you will see a box that is titled Image link code. Within this box, there are four options.

To post a picture, choose the fourth, where it says IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards. Click on the numbers beneath once with your LEFT mouse button. The script will be highlighted. Keeping the cursor on the scrip, click on the RIGHT mouse button and copy the info.

To Easy!

Return to message board and, after placing your cursor where you want on the text page of your post, click paste. (I find it is much easier if you open up the message board in one window and the message board in another.) Your will not see the picture, what you will see is something like this…

…[IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/rcr031/Crest_-_Canadian_Army_QC.jpg[/img

If you want to see your picture/post before posting it to the board, click on the option preview instead of the normal post button you would normally push to publish your message. Viola.

OK, say you want to put a little picture in beside each of your posts. Like the little one of me superimposed in the RCR hatbadge to your left. Do everything at photobucket as if you were going to post a picture but, instead of choosing option 4, choose option 2, where it says Direct Link - Layout Pages. Left click the script, copy the data and return to the message board. It has to be a smaller picture, however.

Go to your profile page. This is located near the top of the board where it says Home… Help… Search...  Profile. Click Profile and when the new page opens, scroll down on the left until you see FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION. Click on it and a new screen opens. You will note a section where it says, I have my own picture. Beside it you will see Http://. Place your cursor on the end of the script then hit the backspace button until the http stuff is erased and the screen is empty. Ensuring your cursor is in the field, left click, paste. The info from photobucket will fill the space.

Should you care to add some information beneath your picture, such as your medals or a favourite quote, two options are provided beneath I Have my Own Picture where it says Personal text. Type in what you want.

Signature. This is the information below my message, ie, service record. To add your own stuff, scroll down from the personal text option until you come to signature. Do your thing in the box provided bearing in mind you are somewhat limited in space.

When you are pleased everything is good, click on the tile   Change Profile, at the bottom right of the page.

Good luck and happy posting!   
Report Spam   Logged

1977-1RCR  Italy PL, B Coy, Mortars
                   Pioneers, Delta Coy
                   CFB London

1979-3RCR  M Coy 12C,  Sigs, Pipes&Drums
                   Mortars
                   CFB Baden WG

1982 1RCR  Mortars 51B, Dukes, BBC (Cyp)
                   Mortars, WO-Sgts Mess,
                   CFB London

2008            President. Niagara Branch
                   The Royal Canadian Regiment
                           Association

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum