The RCR Association Photographic Database
April 19, 2024, 06:34:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CFB Gagetown - Toxic Chemicals - 1956-1984

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CFB Gagetown - Toxic Chemicals - 1956-1984  (Read 7479 times)
Kenneth H. Young

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:43:18 pm »

Ms. Christiane Young
Box 355
Emo, Ontario
P0W 1E0
I do not represent any organization.

Mr. Clement,
As our Minister of Health you must be aware of the toxic chemicals sprayed on our soldiers and the training grounds in CFB Gagetown, New Brunswick,  from 1956 to 1984. It goes without saying that the spraying of the so called 'rainbow' chemicals left many veterans sick and dying. You must also be aware of our Government's denial of these facts, as well as leaving our veterans fighting a vast burocracy for any form of recognition, compensation and truth.
Why exactly, can our Government not just own up, clean up, and compensate those effected?
Gagetown could be cleaned up, leaving it safe for our sons and daughters to attend combat arms school without fears or doughts about the credibility of our Government, our Army and each other.
You, Mr. Clement have the obligation to deal with health concerns, health risks and the potential for our young soldiers to be exposed to residue chemicals in the training fields of Gagetown.
Have we not learned from the issues of Nitro, West Verginia: Vietnam: Seveso, Italy: or Love Canal?Huh

I do understand that it is not the current administration who polluted base Gagetown, I also understand that it will cost a lot of money to clean up, and compensate victims.
But you, Mr. Clement, are in the enviable position to speak up, to do the right thing at the right time, while assuring the heath of future solders.
Thank you,

Sincerely

Christiane Young

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum